Using Gravity to power the world
209 Upland Rd. Blacksburg, Virginia
The Gravity Drive cycles potential energy ( work potential) in the form of vacuum causing continual cycle of the "working fluid". The non flammable non electrically conductive silicone oil then is pulled downward by it's specific gravity ( weight) by gravity causing incline vacuum and produces cyclic flow yielding electricity production. The hydraulic pump is pressurized by the Oil tanks head weight and rate of rotation compounded by the pumps discharge directed,via flow pipe, to a hydraulic impeller tandem rotating with the main generator "drive line" ( automatic mechanical transmission / torque converter / gears/ locking to a high voltage generator via bolt plates.
The "Gravity Drive" is a fuel less generator system that is suitable for water purification , water collection ( via de-humidification / powered refrigeration system), and or to then produce high density high voltage electricity for Urban and or Rural use. The design system would be best suited in underground locations to protect the design from storm damage. The installation then with adequate pumping system to insure safety from flooding.
The system could clean water in high volume by oceanic distillation and allows for the energy density produced to pump a river up hill with zero fuel expenditure. This applied to then feed farm land unlimited cost effective water for agriculture. The design system is a "quick Up- Grade" to existing coal fired boiler system for Utility scale power generation systems making the "electrical grid" a fuel less system providing higher power delivery and greater security. The system then with "Zero emission" correcting the Carbon Dioxide emission problem.
The following system is a hydraulic cycle then implementing vacuum ( negative pressure ), to then derive high voltage electricity with zero emission. The design will maintain the oil level height by cycle in both chambers.
1. Vacuum sealing entry hatch
2. Vacuum support "web" hemisphere support structural member
3. Horizontal hinge
4. Vacuum pipe
5. Outer feed silo cover
6. Pipe coupling
7. Vacuum pipe coupling
8. "Main line" return pipe
9. Vacuum pump / permanent magnet (P.M.) electricity generator "return line" pipe
10. Main high voltage generator assembly "return line" pipe
11. one way valve
12. oil filter flow valve and high speed pump driven by electric motor and gear set
13. oil filter assembly with oil pressure sensor / fault indicator sensor
14. oil temperature sensor
15. oil filter flow control valve and high speed pump driven by electric motor and gear set
16. Access ladder
17. revolutions per minute (R.P.M. sensor) / hall effect sensor
18. Vacuum pump ( evacuates the silo top )
19. electromagnetic clutch ( E.M. clutch) electricity produced in generator "bank" number's 68. The
electricity produced in generator "bank" number's 68 powers the application at variable electricity
levels - volt regulated.
20. E.M. electricity contact "brush track"
21. electric motor tandem armature to number 22's "counter tilt" electric motor - "zeros" the resistance produced
in ratio gear set , number 23 . The electricity produced in generator "bank" number's 68 powers the
application at variable electricity levels - volt regulated. (40Hp electric motor)
22. P.M. electricity generator / contains voltage regulator and feed circuit to electrify number 21 / hot bus
connection from transformer post number 51'as electrical output also feeds electrical current to
number 40 and 42
23. 10:1 ratio gear set ( high side rotation tandem to number 24.
24. hydraulic impeller (input torque to number 23 )
25. hydraulic "counter tilt" electric valve / regulated the oil pressure and oil flow rate causing the nullification
of resistance produced when using a ratio gear set to allow increase speed of the total system.
26. electric valve position system ( controls the valve positions of both numbers 25, 27 and number 30
27. Generator assembly hydraulic pump oil feed flow valve
28. R.P.M. sensor "hall effect"
29. hydraulic pump ( high speed oil pump / with component failure casing - projectile prevention safety casing
30. "Main line" oil flow valve
31. exhaust air filter
32. planetary gear system with connecting drive shafts number 84
33. differential gear system ( drives the drive shafts number 84)
34. electromagnetic clutch (allows for fine rate adjustment) mechanical clutch- upon number 35 ( default
position engaged / run position after required rate of rotation obtained "dis-engaged" by locked position
caused by number 36 via solenoid system
35. transmission speed sensor / output rotation "tachometer"/ automatic gear selection mechanical transmission
total ratio final 1:20
36. mechanical clutch "clutch slave system" control system contains solenoids - redundant circuit paths
with circuit fault indication sensors ( reports to main circuit logic system)
37. mechanical transmission with input torque converter to gearing , output rotation post gearing planetary
gear number 32 motivation differential number 33 rotating hydraulic oil pump number 29 causing speed
incline an increase in velocity of rotation so that the oil pump is causing greater fluid rate to then cause
the velocity of oil to impale the hydraulic impeller , number 43, causing system incline rate of
rotation. Even though the torque converter typically changes high rotation to high torque.. this
system's torque converter changes high torque to higher rotation by the gear sets final gear ratios
within the mechanical transmission. Final ratio effect then at 1:20 with "1" being rotation at the torque
converter and "20" of the ratio then being the mechanical transmissions output rotation.
38. bolt plate system - dual plate with alignment "pins" ( the alignment pins are stainless steel short
rods), and through bolt bore holes to the accept high strength bolt washer lock washer and dual nut to
secure the two bolt plates together
39. Hydraulic impeller contains casing oil pressure sensor assist in the resistance produced in the ratio
gear set .. to "nullify - zero the resistance caused when causing greater rotation using a ratio gear set
40. ratio gear set high side electric motor armature tandem rotating with the output rotation of the ratio
gear set number 41 ( 60Kw to 80Kw electric motor capacity... 60Hp to 80Hp ( Hp = horse power)
41. 1:10 ratio gear set with the high side of the ratio tandem rotating with the armature of number 40 and
number 39, hydraulic impeller
42. electric drive motor ( high voltage 200Hp / 200 horse power) demonstrates the forward advancement
caused by magnetic pressure atop the oil flow rate) armature of the electric motor tandem rotating
to the input shaft of the ratio gear set number 41 also connected to the core shaft of the hydraulic
impeller number 43.
43. hydraulic impeller input torque to the ratio gear set rotates tandem with armature of number 42
44. over pressure safety valve contains actuation sensor / reports to logic circuits as functional safety control
circuit. Actuation directs discharge oil to the silo top into vacuum via pipe
45. flow system "slide dampener" valve directs variable fluid pressure to the oil impeller number 24.
46. over pressure safety valve actuation / contain actuation sensor also acting as a safety fault and system
control sensor - reports to system main logic circuit processing "control circuit"
47. "main line" oil impeller contains casing pressure sensor also reporting to the logic processing control
system to keep the oil pressure within safe operating parameters
48. torque converter
49. system housing
50. automatic gearing transmission - transmission oil cooling system contained within / mechanical drive
transference for refrigeration system "cools the transmission fluid" also cools number 51
51. High voltage generator - megawatt to gigawatt scale
52. voltage regulation
53. magneto ( permanent magnet ) generator feeds Stator / field coil - also allowing for high tension incline to higher
available electricity output from number 51
54. adjustable leveling - locking adjustment to stable the silo
55. mounting towers ( locks the silo )
56. silo discharge coupling
57. agricultural feed silo ( modified to control static electricity and sustained high vacuum ( negative pressure)
58. "web" vacuum support "brace" keeps the silo structural integrity intact through the full span
of it's intended operational functioning
59. pipe coupling
60. siphon "prime pipe" coupling
61. siphon "prime" valves - electric actuation / flow regulation valves
62. siphon "prime" feed pipe
63. vacuum level sensor / "air purge control valve ( allows air exchange) optical oil level sensor / redundant
sonar oil level sensor)
64. circumference hand rail ( safety rough surface spray deposition atop the lower oil tank - non slip surface
65. silo access hatch - allows entry to the space between the silo and the silo weather cover
66. silo ladder
67. oil tank
68. siphon flow main line hydraulic oil impeller + control valves - electric position indication sensors control
circuit references optical and sonar sensor and R.P.M. sensor ( governs system speed), to control oil level
in the tanks - Number 68 contains hydraulic impellers then driving an "electrically counter tilted" gear
set & generator system... the electricity output of the said generator may then electrify numbers 40 and
number 42. "( electrically counter tilted" defined as anelectric motor upon the high side of the gear set
to "zero" the resistance produced when using a ratio gear set) - electrical current for the "counter tilt motor"
produced in number 22. The generators contain magnetos for stator / field coil excitation. Generators with
multiple "brush option.... including roller ball brush system for longevity.
The said independent generators up to 50Kw electrical out put (sum of two
per siphon flow pipe) , allowing for produced electricity to power 200+ Hp electric motor as
number 42 with number 40 then rated Hp at total plus tilt effect for the ratio gear set. ( different scales
of application follow system design... ). The magnetic pressure in the 200Hp electric motor then applied
in a forward advancing fashion atop the fluid rate until the inertia is sufficient to rotate the attached
generator. A 1Mw generator requires approximately 1500 Hp to operate. The following schematic is the
same upon both sides of the mirror line "contains" the same components.....
The individual components then within number 68 are the connected by drive shaft and are encased in weather proof shielding ( the ground wire also insulated "weather sheath" and is securely fix to the earth to control any stray voltage. The assembly is heavy so the exchange of component for rebuild ( bearings ) will require the assistance of a boom lift and a catch rack system to then allow for minimal human stress extracting the assembly. The "brushes within the generator system then able to be installed with a quick clip system for ease of component replacement.
The "main line" oil impellers are then impaled by the siphon oil flow with high vacuum within the lower tank causing high rate of flow due to the vacuum in number 67. The attached "generating assembly" then assisted in rotation by oil feed hydraulic flow "hydraulic counter tilt" and also by the electric motors upon the ratio gear sets input shaft and output shaft (electric counter tilt system). The 50Kw generator contain voltage regulator and internal magneto for field coil electrification.
69. inner lower oil tank silo frame structural support
70. drive shaft and support cover drive shaft contains universal joint as union joint between the two
shafts one connected to the hydraulic pump the other connected to the differential output drive shaft
71. counter tilt impeller discharge flow pipe discharges oil pressure to the silo top into the vacuum
72. over pressure safety valve discharge flow pipe discharges to the silo top - into the vacuum
73. over pressure safety valve discharge flow pipe discharges to the silo top - into the vacuum
74. siphon flow pipe coupling
75. siphon "priming" tube oil pressure sensor
76. lower oil tank access hatch vacuum seal capacity
77. electric resistance oil heater - warms the oil within the system
78. center point structural lock bracket locked diagonal structural support beams ( stain less steel
silo support frame)
79. vertical frame support ( stainless steel)
80. Main line hydraulic impeller return flow pipe coupling
81. manual one way valve vacuum "start" negative pressure and oil fill pressure coupling
82. screened siphon intake port
83. system vacuum balancer ( allows for high vacuum in both the silo and the lower oil tank ) electric
actuation references system oil height level
84. drive shaft
* Note - The electric motors and generators then are also cooled by the system water condenser refrigeration system to maintain operational longevity and thermal tolerance prevent premature failure to to thermal stress.
* Note - high speed oil flow tube feeding number 24 then with additional over pressure safety valve ( tube venting to high vacuum in the top of the silo), with actuation sensor and valve and "Y" shaped pipe, coupling to allow high speed oil flow to the "counter tilt" impeller within number 68.
This then allow greater electricity production... The oil feed then with distribution manifold into each individual counter tilt hydraulic impeller within the ratio gear sets also contains independent flow rate valves and pipe connected to the generators assembly then allowing oil pressure to assist in the rotation of the ratio gear set. Post impellers the oil vents via tube to the top of the silo with one way containing dampener valve with oil pressure sensor reporting to the system logic electronic control circuits. The "hydraulic counter tilt" is then accelerating total generating assembly number 68. ( also allows for independent component exchange while the total system is in operation)
The oil flow system then upon both the input torque and the out put
torque ( sum of two hydraulic impellers upon the ratio gear sets.... each side... tandem locked), rotates in unison.....with the hydraulic impellers... this allows the mass flow ( siphon feed oil flow ) sufficient rate vs. volume, to obtain the required electricity production.
The design also listed at http://www.designdeskinc.com/gravity-drive.html
the "oil fall" then producing a vacuum draft "head weight" to then be converted into usable levels of electrical current.